Horror film : a critical introduction /
Throughout the history of cinema, horror has proven to be a genre of consistent popularity, which adapts to different cultural contexts while retaining a recognisable core. This volume balances the discussions of horror's history, theory, and aesthetics as no introductory book ever has. Featuri...
|Series:||Bloomsbury film genres series.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1895-1938 : horror's process of genrification
- 1939-1973 : horror and the crisis of rationality
- 1974 to present : high and low
- What is horror?
- Mind and body : the 'why?' of horror
- Horror's audiences, critics and censors
- Shocking and spooky sounds
- Colours of fear
- Digital horrors.