The Passenger Pigeon
|Online Access:|| An ebook freely available from Project Gutenberg|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- My boyhood among the pigeons
- The passenger pigeon, from "American ornithology", by A. Wilson
- The passenger pigeon, from "Ornithological biography", by J.J. Audubon
- As James Fenimore Cooper saw it
- The wild pigeon of North America by Chief Pokagon, in "The Chautauquan"
- The passenger pigeon, from "Life histories of North American birds", by C. Bendire
- Netting the pigeons, by W. Brewster, in "The Auk"
- Efforts to check the slaughter, by Prof. H.B. Roney
- The pigeon butcher's defense, by E.T. Martin, in "American field"
- Notes of a vanished industry
- Recollections of "old timers"
- The last of the pigeons
- What became of the wild pigeon? By S. Cook, in "Forest and stream"
- A novel theory of extinction, by C.H. Ames and R. Ridgway
- News from John Burroughs
- The pigeon in Manitoba, by G.E. Atkinson
- The passenger pigeon in confinement, by R. Deane, in "The Auk"
- Nesting habits of the passenger pigeon, by Dr. M. Gibbs, in "The oölogist"
- Miscellaneous notes.